Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reserves

It seems like I go through this every month or so, but again the bike languishes in the garage while a million other projects suck up my time.

It doesn’t help that it takes about 20 minutes to dig the bike out from behind everything else in the garage before I can work on it, but enough excuses right?

So talking with Matt, we’re going to dedicate a day in July to get together and try and make some serious progress on this thing. Once again I find myself evaluating the priorities of the project and trying to decide what to work on first. I think my biggest problem is keeping focus on small, attainable steps. Instead I keep thinking “if I can just get a weekend to work on the thing, I’ll get it on the road in one fell swoop!”.

Instead I should set the goal of putting a carb back together, just one, and go from there.

…I just found out that I might have an hour or two tonight…

On the up side, the rest of the project (the film that is) is progressing nicely. We have another interview in the can, this one with the President For Life of the gang, and from my preliminary viewing of the footage it looks pretty good. It sounds like Matt has a few more interviews lining up soon so for the moment things on that side of the film project are on-schedule.

Now if I can just hold up my end of the bargain…

No comments: